TEXAS BAPTIST MEN DISASTER REBUILD
In response to Hurricane Harvey
Texas Baptist Men’s Disaster Rebuild is currently transitioning from the relief phase to rebuild phase. We are compiling a list of CHURCH GROUPS (not individual volunteers) interested in becoming a part of the rebuild in the Greater Houston and East Texas area starting back up on January 1.
The dates available to serve are March 1-10,
10-17 (FULL), 17-24 (FULL) and 24-31.
Once you have read all the information below and believe that your group would be a good fit, please REGISTER HERE.
If you have any questions, please email TBMrebuild@texasbaptistmen.org and someone will contact you. We look forward to having you serve alongside us.
- Bring cot or air mattress with sleeping bag or linens
- Sleeping area is divided into female and male sections
- Showers provided (bring towels and toiletries)
- Meals will be provided
- No see-through or revealing clothing, no spandex or leggings. Shirts must be worn at all times.
To participate volunteers must:
- Be 16 years or older
- Not be a registered sex offender
- Not be a registered violent offender
- Not have criminal convictions for crimes against persons or property
- Not bring tobacco or alcohol products to any work site
- Not remove anything from a work site
- Sign a TBM Release and Indemnity form. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Click here to print form
Work MAY consist of the following:
- Replace Insulation
- Install Sheetrock
- Finish Sheetrock
- Install Cabinets
- Install Bathrooms
- Painting & Trim
What should I wear or bring?
- Long pants are recommended
- Gloves are recommended
- Safety glasses recommended
- All other equipment will be provided
All volunteers must conduct themselves as representatives of Texas Baptist Men. TBM may refuse volunteers due to inappropriate dress, speech or behavior, or other factors deemed inappropriate by the TBM Coordinator.
Finally, please understand that when working in disaster area things can change quickly. We ask that all volunteers remain flexible.