Join the Texas Baptist Men Retiree Builders and put your retirement years to work for Christ!
- Working with wood
- Electrical wiring
You are qualified if you can...
- Use hand and/or power equipment
- Work with experienced men and women in a Christian atmosphere.
- Travel at your own expense to job sites within Texas and throughout the United States and Canada.
We have a number of ministry focus areas including the following:
- Church Builders
- Camp Builders
- Project Builders
- Cabinet Builders
- Furniture Builders
- Dallas Area Builders
- Brick Masons
- Disaster Recovery Builders
- We do new construction, remodeling and repair of small and large facilities.
- We receive no pay.
- We provide our own transportation and expenses (most jobs provide one meal each work day).
- We receive boundless blessings from helping those in need and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Our major tools and supplies are provided through gifts and through the Texas Baptist Men, Baptist General Convention of Texas and Mary Hill Davis Offering.
- Retiree Builders are volunteers, under the umbrella of Texas Baptist Men.
Women are welcome on our job sites and are involved in a variety of activities including:
- Daily Devotionals
- Helping with meals and breaks
- Working offices, etc.
- Sewing projects for special mission needs
- The duration of projects vary, but are usually 2-3 weeks.
- We rarely work less than 2 weeks, and some projects may be 4 weeks or longer.
- We have a pretty good indication when we start each project as to its length. We do not work on the weekends.
- As volunteers, we are free to come and go, as our personal needs dictate. Whenever possible, we work through the scheduled job duration.
- Several projects occur simultaneously, pick the project that fits you.
- A fully equipped tool trailer is at every project site.
- RV parking at the project site is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be a carpenter or builder to join?
No, most of our volunteers are from non-building trades or professions. We have several skilled men who are our leaders, but represented in the group are: farmers, oil industry workers, office workers, school teachers, professors, missionaries and even preachers along with electricians, plumbers and a few carpenters. Our people are those who enjoy working for the Lord and want to stay active. We invite anyone who feels called to do this type of work to join us.
2. What are the requirements to join TBM Retiree Builders?
You must have the desire and time to do volunteer Christian work. A recreation vehicle is desirable; but not mandatory. Full RV hook-ups are provided at each project. Motel style rooms are usually available at camp projects. Personal hand tools are helpful, but not essential. A fully equipped tool trailer is always on site.
- The host organization on each working day usually provides lunch.
- Breaks are taken at midmorning and midafternoon.
- We often attend a local church on Sundays.
- Camp projects have their own worship services on Sunday and Wednesday nights.
- We play games and fellowship together at other times.
Check out the Current Projects page to see our current projects. Contact us and ask to be placed on the mailing list. You will then receive our newsletter, which describes each new project and contains other useful information about TBM Retiree Builders. Just show up at any job site that you choose ready to work! Come whenever you can and leave when you must.
Participation in this group may be habit forming and contagious. You may become addicted as we BUILD FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!