Become a State Staffer and join God in His great adventure of being on mission with Him!
If You . . .
- Are you a high school age young man looking for an opportunity in mission service?
- Would you enjoy working in Royal Ambassadors/Challengers summer camps?
- Are you a Challenger participating and promoting mission education in your church?
- Would you like to join an elite group of young men who serve as TBM Regional State Staffers?
Then the State Staff is for you!
Each young man applying as a Regional State Staffer will receive leadership training at our wilderness training facilities located at Latham Springs Baptist Encampment. Final selection of Regional State Staffers will be made at an evaluation meeting during Leadership Training Camp.
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a desire to be involved in missions.
- A young man involved in the Challengers program who is at least age 14 by September 1st of the previous year.
- Be approved by the Regional Challengers Director and State RA/Challengers Director.
- Be in attendance for the full term of Leadership Training Camp.
- Be willing to adjust his lifestyle to one that is acceptable to the staff leader and the people whom they serve.
- Be available for service at summer camps, mission rallies and State Congress.
- Use of any illegal substance is strictly forbidden (including tobacco, in any form or alcoholic drink).
The Regional State Staff is a voluntary position for which no salary will be given. This does not prevent a gift from being given to a staff member, nor does it exclude expense money from being furnished. Family insurance is the primary insurance at all times. Each camp will have secondary insurance. Staffers are not covered by Texas Baptist Men during travel to and from assignments. Texas Baptist Men will provide the following for the State Staffers:
- A Challengers staff jacket.
- Travel and camp fees involved in attending Leadership Training Camp.
- Travel expenses to and from their assignments.
For more information and to receive an application packet to become a Regional State Staffer, contact Texas Baptist Men at (214) 275-1123 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffer Downloads: To Download Files - Right Click on the files and select "Save Target As."
Request for State Staffers
State Staffers Brochure
State Staffer Application
Request for Weeks Off Form (2018)
Leadership Training Camp Information (Please visit this page and download forms.)