We believe that God invites us to celebrate his work in the world.
And the On Mission Celebration (OMC) is designed to do just that. It's a festive time of celebrating God at work in our lives and world.
An OMC is intended to help believers explore how their personal gifts and talents can be utilized in an on-mission lifestyle. During an OMC, attendees hear from missionaries and ministry leaders—inspiring praise and a celebration of God’s activity throughout the world. They learn to anticipate where they can join God "on mission." An OMC is not complete until participants discover personal opportunities. They are encouraged to consider how they personally can serve, from praying to giving to going, while examining the on-mission lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who participates? An association of churches, such as the area Baptist association or a group of five or more churches.
- How long does the celebration last? The length varies from one to four days.
- Who organizes the celebration? Usually the OMC Vision Team and a coordinator give direction for the OMC. The OMC Planning Resource provides detailed information.
- Who enlists the missionaries? The International Mission Board, North American Mission Board and state conventions (the exception being Texas, where the associational vision team enlists state missionaries).
- What are financial obligations? The association is fully responsible for all expenses related to hosting an OMC.
It’s time for us to celebrate God’s work in the world, to anticipate our role in his mission and to make a personal commitment to an on-mission lifestyle. Don't delay—lead your church or association to schedule an OMC today!
For more information concerning the On Mission Celebration, contact Jeanette Nichols at 214-275-1121 or email@example.com.